A temperatures start to rise and the summer allows for more experimentation, a sexy look becomes more prominent. There is one mail rule: make sure your skin is gorgeous, nourished, soft, and flawless, because everything begins and ends with smooth complexion. As every world renowned makeup artist has ever told me, women should invest the most in skincare products. There are many to choose from and I believe every woman knows, which of them work best on her skin. This summer will bring with it some new approaches and styles I’m guessing you’ll like, because they are easy to grasp and appropriate for special occasions, like a dinner with your better half. Those are the moments worth going an extra mile for. There are six main trends, so let’s look at them.
- Smokey eyes ‒ the day after kind ‒ so a bit smudged. This year we’re going to do smokey eyes as if we were to combine the styles of two very sensual style icons, Kate Moss and Carine Roitfeld, who actually inspired this look. Just smudge the product and leave it somewhat unfinished. Your look will be more seductive.
- Extra long, doll-like lashes. It’s impossible or at least very difficult to achieve the endless length of our own lashes, so use false lashes or individuals. It may look complicated at first, but it’s not really, all you need is some practice, so go ahead and start. The most important thing is to choose soft false lashes, so forget about the cheap ones, and opt for quality instead. Lashes should be extra long, do a cat eye with your liner, and don’t forget to apply rouge to your cheeks. You’ll look innocently inviting.
- Two-tone lips. How often were you worried that your lipstick will smudge, when you were applying lipstick in his presence? Makeup artists say that lipstick has to ignore the contours of your lips, smudge it and make it look “worn”.
- Heavy eye makeup, glowing cheeks, or a fresh, natural look. Make sure there’s some shimmer on your eyelids, cheekbones, Cupid’s bow, and even cuticles. Fashionistas will opt for a colourful facial element, but only in one colour of the summer fruit, either watermelon or raspberry. Eyelids will be anything but boring. This is the year to play around with lively, deep coloured eye shadows: apply them on the sides, shaped like a chess board or a lightning bolt, or you can use them instead of your eyeliner.
- Every year, complexion becomes more natural, translucent, and more glowing. Liquid foundations are becoming lighter in texture, and rouge is softer.
- Nails are colourful: don’t limit yourself to monochrome boredom, opt for a more daring approach, and give reign to colours of the rainbow, glitter, and shiny nail accessories.