Although modern day research has yet to prove that crystals support our health and well-being, they can be a tool to deepen your connection to the earth and your own intuition. Crystals can also expand your practice as another tool to support your journey. Crystals have been used for healing throughout history long before they began being used in the Western world. They have been used for rituals in Buddhism, Judaism, by Native Americans and Egyptians. Oftentimes, many of these groups were persecuted for the use of these practices.
Here are some specific crystals to start with and why you might choose them:
- Clear quartz: Great as an introductory crystal, as it’s sometimes considered a “master” crystal that takes on any energy you ascribe to it
- Amethyst: Used for mental clarity
- Celestite: Associated with inner peace
- Celenite: Can clean other crystals and is powerful for meditation
- Peacock ore: Brings great happiness and joy
- Petrified wood: Calms down fears about survival
- Tigers eye: Associated with finding courage and confidence
- Mookaite: A nurturing stone that can be used when you are experiencing stress
- Tourmaline: Helps banish negative energy—whether it be yours or someone else’s
- Rose quartz: Dispels negative energy and replaces it with the energy of love, while also promoting self love and inner peace
There is no “wrong” way to meditate with crystals, but here are some tips that will help you for sure.
- Set your intention. What is it that you want to focus on while meditating? What are you hoping to feel? Select a crystal or crystals that you’re feeling drawn to for those reasons. Remember: there are no “wrong” crystals!
- Pick a song. You might want to play some gentle music, or you might want to meditate in silence.
- Place them in your right hand. Placing them in your right hand is preferable as it is the most “respected” hand. Or, it if feels more organic, you can place one in each hand.
- Incorporate your body. You may want to lay stones on the body. Lay down and put on some meditation music and put them on areas of your body connected to different chakras, known as the energy centers in the body. Placing them on these parts of your body can help you use your intuition. A particularly nice one to start out with is placing a crystal on your third-eye chakra, which is located on your forehead between your eyes. This is said to assist in grounding you into the space you’re in.
- Get comfortable. Find a relaxing space and listen to the messages the stones are sending you as you meditate.
- Go slow. Take your time getting out of the meditation and take some time to process anything that might have come up during the meditation. You might want to take time to journal about anything that came up or what you think the crystals are trying to tell you.
One of the great benefits of crystals is that we can be so up there in our heads, but the crystals can help us be more rooted and grounded in the moment by giving us a connection to earth.
Dear reader, you may like also this: