There is a kind of polka dot wave in the air and I am so happy about it! Classy, adorable and super chic the polka dot trend is a must have for this spring. During New York Fashion Week, we witnessed a number of spotty creations on the runway, like the pretty tulle gowns peppered with velvety polka-dots. The prettiest piece is perhaps the polka dot tulle midi skirt: it is so feminine and nice, easy to wear at every age. You can try the classic black and white, but also pink, yellow, blue and green are a good choice.
The polka dot pieces you have to own are:
- The polka dot dress: a must have, really easy to wear, as Julia Roberts in the unforgettable movie Pretty Woman.
- The polka dot top: under a blazer, with a good pair of jeans, with an elegant skirt.
- The polka dot swimsuit or underwear: the polka dot fever will become very interesting at the beach and, well, underwear remains classy and fab, so why not?
- The polka dot blouse: with a big bow, fluffy sleeves, with nice buttons and a shabby chic style.
- The polka dot skirt: midi, pleated, in a nice and feminine fabric, like tulle. But it can be also silk, cotton or linen. Your choice.
Polka dots for spring are hardly groundbreaking. On the runways of Balenciaga, Richard Quinn, Dries Van Noten and Gucci, there were polka dots in different colours and sizes. Designers also played with putting polka dots on more interesting silhouettes, such as the oversized shoulders over at Richard Quinn and Balenciaga. In essence, there was nothing run of the mill about these polka dots—it was go bold or go home. Ready to see the new trend in action? Good news, you can do just that and then shop the fresh polka-dot pieces around right now.
The polka dot is a versatile pattern that complements both avant-garde designs and more traditional, retro-inspired garments.
Dear reader, maybe you will like also this: